Cheese Pairings with Select Wines in this Spring Shipment
More often than not, wine pairs perfectly with cheese. Here at
Landmark, we pair local cheeses with our wines for guests
on-property. For our 2018 Spring Wine Society shipment, we
decided to share some of our favorite cheese and wine pairings
with you. The selection of cheeses we chose may be found in your
local grocery store and are always available in our Tasting Room
or Courtyard for you to enjoy.
- Pair the Damaris Reserve Chardonnay with Cypress Groves Midnight Moon. This gouda-style cheese will bring out the lovely, rich honey and caramel notes of the crowd-pleasing Chardonnay.
- For a yummy treat, enjoy the Sangiacomo Chardonnay with cheddar cheese—specifically the Adirondack cheddar from Cabot that is offered in the Tasting Room—to match perfectly with the fruitiness of this single-vineyard wine.
- Another delicious pairing is the Hilliard Bruce Chardonnay with Holey Cow from Central Coast Creamery. This creamy Swiss-style cheese is a perfect pairing to bring out the stone fruit and herbal notes in the wine.
- Everyone knows and loves Humboldt Fog. But a fun twist on the classic cheese is the Humboldt Fog Haze Remix. This pairing is destined to be with the Grand Detour Pinot Noir. The pepper and blackberry compote will sing!
- The La Encantada Pinot Noir will enchant you on its own. But if you are looking to really impress your friends, look no further than the Classic Beemster. The marriage will be the talk of the town
- One of the easiest cheeses to find is Cambazola. The mild and creamy blue cheese is a perfect match to the Escolle Road Pinot. This pairing goes to show how versatile our wines are and how they can pair with almost any flavor... yes, even a blue cheese!
Play around and create your own pairings! We would love to hear what you tried the next time you come in to visit the Tasting Room!